MERGE training services include:
- Introduction to Healthy Men and Boys
- Change Maker Training – 2-day intensive
- Training of Trainers – 5-day intensive, followed by supervised field-work
- Advanced Training – Customized in-depth focus on a range of topics
- Keynote Presentations
- Conference Workshops
Our trainings are for people of all genders about male gender socialization and the strategies and skills for promoting the development of compassionate, non-violent and equitable boys and men. These highly participatory programs, use personal reflection and cross-gender dialogue to accomplish the following goals:
- Understand the dynamics of male socialization and its impacts on boys and girls, women and men, families and communities.
- Understand how violence and trauma contribute to the construction of dominant forms of masculinity.
- Explore the intersection of masculinities and race, class and homophobia.
- Learn strategies for engaging men and boys and women and girls in the development of healthy non-violent masculinity.
- Practice skills of cross-gender dialogue and build partnerships between men and women for personal and social change.