Through wrap-around consulting services, MERGE supports people in communities, organizations and governments to prevent violence and promote health in relationships, families and communities by developing cross-gender partnerships for transforming masculinity and advancing gender equality.
MERGE consulting services include strategic and program planning and leadership development, which can be provided separately, or in combination to shift social norms, develop action plans, support implementation, and increase leadership capacity. All MERGE programs are adapted to the specific contexts and the needs of our partners, and can include:
- Developing male involvement projects and community-based men’s initiatives within existing organizations
- Facilitating cross-gender dialogue and collaboration between women’s and men’s programs
- Designing and implementing awareness campaigns
- Developing curricula on masculinity, men’s health, violence prevention and gender equality
- Facilitating men’s networking, roundtables, conferences and inter-organizational initiatives